Sunday 22 April 2012

Candidates Views; Dave Fallows, SNP - THC Ward 21



Dear (Christian name of APTSec) - thank you for your email.

I am concerned, however, that your email circulation list shows a number of current councillors who are not standing, and does not show any of the candidates who are not currently elected. Can you confirm that you have given all the candidates the same opportunity?

Thanks
Dave Fallows


Thanks for your comprehensive reply, and I am quite happy for you to quote me if that is of assistance.

Now I shall head off to the blog and have a look!

regards
Dave Fallows (current vice chair of South PAC)


[My comprehensive reply had been



Hello


Yes I share your concerns; fairness for all.


I intend to make every effort to contact as many candidates as possible and to post up on how the exercise of trying to contact candidates is going, but I am discovering that contacting candidates is not an easy process.


I tried to link to the page on the council web site today that gives a list of candidates but the link was 'broken'.  I will try again tomorrow.


I will put up a post (with lots of links to original web pages) showing that I sent an email to 80 existing councillors of which so many will retire; so many 'bounced back';  so many sent read receipts, and so many replied.  It is almost as much an exercise in how an ordinary member of the public who wants information sets about finding that info.  I hope the barriers to accessing the candidates are not too great that I have to record that I could not complete the exercise.


I am concerned that whilst I have received glossy fliers from the councillors of the SNP and the Lib Dems I have received little info as yet from the other councillors as yet.  As an ordinary member of the public I have no idea how level the playing field is with respect to candidates abilities to sing their own praises as it were but I am conscious that the 3th May is approaching and little is being debated as yet.


I must state that I have no party political axe to grind; I am of working class extraction and that has been my main influence in life but I do not support any political party and what I have experienced through the planning system has made me doubt the whole political thing.


Any assistance would be gratefully received and would you mind if I quoted you as per your concern re reaching the candidates?


Hope this makes sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment