Further to the previous post on NPF3 progress,
I have not read through all of the submissions to the latest stage of scrutiny (see below for the list of submissions on NPF3 to the Local Government and Regeneration Committee - and others - and how I located this list) but it appears that some groups are not too happy with quite a few things in and about the Proposed NPF3 (they are not happy with the 60 day parliamentary scrutiny period particularly) and are telling the Parliamentary Committee just that.
'Planning Democracy' remains very concerned as does 'The John Muir Trust' and 'RSPB Scotland'. 'Planning Aid Scotland' expresses some concerns too. All these submissions are well worth a read.
Regular readers will recognise the sentiments expressed here, taken from the list response '10' from 'Nestrans':
"...However, very little consideration is given in the Proposed Framework to the implications of the projected growth, particularly as it applies to infrastructure requirements to facilitate that growth. "
Responses '4' and '6' on the list (Holder Planning and Brodies LLP) put forward the idea of merging National Planning Frameworks and Scottish Planning Policy, NPF and SPP, into one document.
I will need to read the RTPI response more thoroughly as well as that from the 'Heads of Planning Scotland' which was submitted by their chairperson, Malcolm Macleod.
[I clicked on the link Scottish Parliament's 'Committees' page then visited the 'Local Government and Regeneration Committee's' web page.
From that page I clicked on the link to NPF3 and SPP under 'Current Business' and then clicked on 'Written Submissions Received' - which is under the 'Evidence' section.
The list below can be found at the 'evidence' link
Submissions received as part of NPF3 and SPP Inquiry
- 1 - John Muir Trust (247KB pdf)
- 2 - Planning Democracy (243KB pdf)
- 3 - Minister for Local Government and Planning (275KB pdf)
- 4 - Holder Planning (224KB pdf)
- 5 - TAYPlan (473 KB pdf)
- 6 - Brodies LLP (187KB pdf)
- 7 - Planning Aid Scotland (341 KB pdf)
- 8 - Minister for Housing and Welfare (1817KB pdf)
- 9 - Royal Town Planning Institute (219KB pdf)
- 10 - Nestrans (624KB pdf)
- 11 - Renfrewshire Council (541KB pdf)
- 12 - Heads of Planning Scotland (853KB pdf)
- 13 - Aberdeenshire Council (112KB pdf)
- 14 - Glasgow City Council (105KB pdf)
- 15 - COSLA (738KB pdf)
- 16 - Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (405KB pdf)
- 17 - Glasgow & Clyde Valley Strategic Development Planning Authority (2170KB pdf)
- 18 - Scottish Environment Protection Agency (1190KB pdf)
- 19 - Aberdeen City and Shire SDPA (548KB pdf)
- 20 - RSPB (541KB pdf) ]