Monday 16 April 2012

Monday's Progress on contacting Highland Council Election candidates





Well, as always things take longer than you think.  I am shocked to realise how much I have come to rely on email communication, but without it and the help of the party offices and some contact from independent candidates, I could not have afforded the exercise of contacting the election candidates in Highland.


There are now lots of ticks and coloured highlights on my print out of the official candidate list, but I have still to be reassured that contact has been made with all of the candidates.  There are also one or two gremlins in the e mail works but hopefully they will sorted by close of play tomorrow.   The Local SCP and Local GP have helped out and UKIP national was polite and gave me UKIP Scotland details with an instruction to get back to national if I was experiencing any difficulties in contacting candidates.


Having followed up my request to the SNP with a Sunday phone message then an email to info@snp.org SNP HQ has forwarded my email request to the campaign team in Highland.  I am keeping my fingers crossed since without their kind assistance my costs will escalate. 


I know that the Party HQs have been under no obligation to help the APT blog exercise but so far they have been very helpful and I and grateful for their assistance.  I am so hoping that the SNP too will be able to assist or I'll either have to take a hit on the cost or I will have to abandon this whole exercise completely given that I will have been unable to give all the candidates the same opportunity to reach the public.






2 comments:

  1. Got your 1st class letter this morning. Didn't know of your existence til then. Planning is one of H.C. dark arts!Creich Community Council is just as frustrated - windfarms- we like the Community Benefit but would prefer more control over planning of them. Not enough time to contribute more just now- got an election to fight! Russell Taylor Ward 1 ALL SCOTLAND PENSIONERS PARTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, contributions however short, are always welcome. It is also good to know that the letters I sent out are reaching candidates

    ReplyDelete