As part of the survey, companies were asked to think about which factors they consider in deciding where to locate their business and the relative importance of these factors.
For 2009 these factors were, in diminishing order of importance:
- Easy access to markets, customers or clients
- Availability of qualified staff
- The quality of telecommunications
- Transport links with other cities and internationally
- Cost of staff
- Value for money of office space
- The climate governments create for business through tax policies or financial incentives
- Availability of office space
- Languages spoken
- Ease of travelling around within the city
- The quality of life for employees
- Freedom from pollution
How would settlements in the Highlands rate when assessed against these factors?