Sunday 22 January 2012

No real joy as yet from my letter to Minister




The latest correspondence with the Scottish Government further to my email to the Minister:

From APTSec


Wed 04/01/2012 14:41

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me this afternoon.

I have attached the correspondence to the Reporters’ unit as promised.

I look forward to hearing from you.



Wed 18/01/2012 12:30

Good afternoon

I was just wondering how you were getting on since I had not heard from you.  I hope that you have not been unwell?


Thu 19/01/2012 16:47

Good afternoon

I have just become aware of a consultation re ‘Administrative Decisions made by Public Bodies in Scotland…’  I am told that comments on the attached discussion paper are due in by the end of January 2012.  I am looking into the possibility of submitting our experiences re having issues but there being no effective mechanism by which our problems could be addressed other than through the courts.  Do you think that this particular consultation would benefit from access to our experiences?

From Scottish Gov

Hi 

First of all apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Having spoken to x, it would seem that there are no further avenues open to you to make representations in respect of the development plan process. However as we discussed, the Scottish Government are always keen to receive views on experiences of the planning system, and more generally on the operation of government and local government, and how we can improve it.

I would certainly encourage you to submit your views to this consultation.

You may also wish to note that Planning Aid for Scotland have recently produced a booklet  Planning for Community Developments which while primarily aimed at people looking to submit an application, provides information on how the public can be involved in planning decisions. I attach a copy for interest.

David


So more work to do then but I cannot help but feel that we are not getting anywhere.

Has anyone else who wrote to the Government received any feedback?
How did you feel about it?







No comments:

Post a Comment