Saturday 7 August 2010

Where have all the details gone...

Well I must say I am shocked; shocked, confused, disappointed and worried.

What is the cause of this anxiety you may ask?

Well a few moments ago I would have merely have said I was disappointed by the quality of the maps in the Proposed Highland-wide Local Development Plan. Gone are the clearer maps with the areas in hectares, the exact locations of uses etc.

There must be something wrong I thought, so I checked some other new style plans and searched for key words such as 'hectare' and 'density'. There were no such words to be found. I then had an idea, look on the Scottish Planning Directorates web site for guidance and this is what I found:

Looking ahead to Proposed Plans web page dated 05 July 2010

As far as I am concerned - personally - it is a case of 'read it and weep'.

For more information look at:

Priorities for the New Development Plans

Housing Need and Demand Assessments

And for ESSENTIAL reading

Planning Ahead for the New Style of Development Plan Examinations

No comments:

Post a Comment