Saturday 14 August 2010

The more we say...

...the less effective we become?

I had a conversation yesterday - with someone who shall remain nameless - and the conclusion reached was that 'APTSec' had said (or at least written) enough. The person was not being unkind or unhelpful, the person was merely pointing out that it is possible for any individual to write so many letters that in the end the contents are ignored. The case of 'the usual subjects'.

I have to admit that the output has been pretty prolific lately, and, with what I feel is good cause, but I had been developing a sense that the messages were not getting through.

Now there have been individuals who have resorted to some eye catching tactics, click here, to campaign and raise awareness (the comments after the article here illustrate the mixed feelings that this arouses) but surely it should not come to this?

Well, perhaps I should save my breath and energy for commenting on the Proposed Highland-wide Local Development Plan, but that still leaves the problem of how what needs to be said now is said and to whom by whom.

Answers on a postcard as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment