Saturday 31 October 2009

'Limited' half price offer on 'Economist' Magazine

A little good fortune for APTSec yesterday; not only did a magazine contain a number of interesting articles well worth reading, but there is a 50% saving on the cover price as well.

The magazine was, 'The Economist' and the 'main draw' was an article and a Leader comment on 'Falling Fertility' across the world.

Apparently the fall in fertility is both very large and very fast and soon half of humanity will be having only enough children to replace itself - the fertility rate of half the world will be 2.1 or below.

How this decline will relate to global environmental damage is of course another matter and this is covered in more detail in the 'Leader'.

I am glad I treated myself, and I think they have a few copies left in Inverness stores.

(No, neither I nor anyone I know works for them as far as I am aware; they have just got a plug on the basis of including some food for further thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment