Monday 9 January 2012

So much to do; so little motivation


APTSec has reached something of a crisis point.

I find myself sitting at my computer knowing that I have so much work to do with respect to planning matters but not having the mental or emotional energy to tackle it.  The deadlines are looming and I cannot summon up the will; I find myself wondering just what the point of continued participation is.  The constant rejection by and poor quality experience of working within the planning system has taken its toll it seems; it is acting as a mental block to my continued participation, the participation which, we are continually advised, is so valued in the planning process.

It seems that over the last 5 years of concentrated effort we have tried and tried to express our discontent regarding the lack of meaningful engagement in the process; to no avail it seems.  No wonder people lose interest in the planning system.

I tried to distance myself from planning matters over the festive period in order to recharge the batteries and to be fairer to the family, but the batteries are still empty.  I know I should pull myself together and just get cracking, there is still a little time, but that is easier said than done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment